(Makes about 48 biscuits)
200 g butter
2 1/2 dl granulated sugar
5 dl wheat flour
4 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp vanilla sugar
1 egg for brushing
1/2 dl pearl sugar for topping
- Turn the oven to 200C (gas mark 6)
- Mix butter and sugar.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking powder and vanilla sugar and mix well to a dough.
- Roll out the dough in to 6 lengths, approx. 2 cm thick.
- Place on baking sheet on oven tray.
- Flatten the dough with a rolling pin to approx. 3 mm thick.
- Whisk the egg and brush the egg mix over the dough.
- Sprinkle pearl sugar on the dough.
- Cook in the middle of the oven for approx. 10-12 minutes.
As soon as taken out of the oven cut the dough sideways in to bite size biscuits.
- Leave to cool before serving.
Store the biscuits in an airtight container.