Spring Pie With Asparagus And Smoked Salmon
3 dl wheat flour from Kungsörnen
1 tiny pich of salt
100 g butter
1-2 tbsp cold water
1 bunch of fresh asparagus
1 bunch of fresh, thin carrots
A few spring onions
150 g feta cheese
300 g hot smoked salmon
1 ½ dl cream
1 ½ dl milk
250 g grated cheese such as Västerbottensost
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Turn on the oven to 200C (gas mark 6).
- Mix flour, salt and butter to a crumble. Add water and knead into a dough. Press out the dough in to a pie tin (approx. 24 cm in diametre) and prick some holes with a fork.
- Place some tin foil around the edges of the pie shell to prevent the dough from disformning when baked. Bake in the middle of the oven for approx. 10 min. Take it out of the oven and remove the tin foil.
- Cook the carrots and asparagus in lightly salted water for a couple of minutes. Cool down and cut the carrots lenght wise.
- Cut the spring onions fine and spread it along with cut up feta cheese and pieces of salmon in the pie shell.
- Whisk together the egg mix ingredients and pour it in to the pie shell. Arrange the asparagus and carrots on the top.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for approx. 20-30 min, or when the top is golden in colour.
- Take the pie out of the oven and decorate with fresh cress before serving.
The recipe and photo are borrowed from Kungsörnen.