Easter Salad with Hot Smoked Salmon and Asparagus
Lightly cooked asparagus, hot smoked salmon and crispy radishes in a dressing with capers and mustard. Serve as part of your Easter buffet, or as a luxurious lunch.
500 g boiled new potatoes
1 tsp salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 bunch of green asparagus (250 g)
1 bunch of radishes
150 g sugar snaps or peas
6 spring onions
500 g hot smoked salmon
3 boiled eggs
1 dl mayonnaise
50 ml sour cream
2 tbsp capers
3 tbsp sweet mustard
3 tbsp finely chopped dill
Pickled red onion:
2 red onions
100 ml caster sugar
50 ml spirit vinegar 12 % (ättika)
150 ml water
- Pickled red onion: peel and thinly slice the onion. Dissolve the sugar in the vinegar and water. Add the onion and leave to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Halve or cut the potatoes into wedges (depending on their size). Season with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the asparagus and break off the base. Boil the asparagus in lightly salted water for about 3 minutes. Rinse in cold water, cut into smaller pieces. Wash and trim the radishes, slice or thinly slice them.
- Seed and boil the sugar snaps for about 1 minute, rinse in cold water. Peel and shred the shallots.
- Dressing: whisk together all the ingredients.
- Mix the potatoes, asparagus, radishes, spring onions and sugar snaps and as much dressing as you like. Serve the rest of the dressing on the side. Arrange the salad on a platter.
- To serve: cut the salmon into smaller pieces and place on the salad. Peel and halve the eggs. Place the egg halves on the salad. Top with pickled red onions. Garnish with dill.